Friday, September 28, 2007

One week to go...

Navy Team:

I hope everyone is getting psyched for next week.

I have been on the phone with Gerd Ludwig, your team captain, and he is really looking forward to this. He's been on assignment for the Geographic in Russia and will just be getting back to the states to join us for the EAW. If you do not know Gerd's work, check out his website at http://www.gerdludwig.com/

Guy is (or just was) up in NY scouting out potential assignments for everyone. More on that when we gather next Friday.

Last year was my first time at EAW and I was not prepared for the shear intensity and long hours that this requires. (Of course, I'm an old fart and staying up to 2 am looking at photos was something I haven't done since, well gee, I guess it was a few weeks ago. But never three nights in a row!) My advice is to get plenty of rest and, if you are so inclined, exercise so you are at the top of your game. Then you can enjoy the moments when you get some down time to mingle (rather than sleep under trees, like I was always sneaking off to do).

See you at the Barn.

Go Navy!

Cheers,
David

1 comment:

Aga Luczakowska said...

Hello! Nice to have some news from you...
I can't wait to go to EAW.. i am happy it's so soon :-)

Nice to hear that Gerd Ludwig has again assignment in Russia.

See you in NY!